1. You are considering separating from your spouse.
2. You are getting married or planning to cohabit with someone with whom you are in a romantic relationship.
3. At any time you receive a gift, inheritance and/or insurance proceeds.
4. You have been married or cohabiting for several years, but signed a contract about your relationship in the past.
5. You are being named as a beneficiary of a trust and are in a common law relationship or marriage, or are considering ending one.
6. You are expecting a child.
7. Your child is going away to university or has returned to reside at home after university, and you are separated from your spouse.
8. You and/or your former spouse have experienced a significant change in your income.
9. Your spouse has died and you are entitled to on-going support or insurance proceeds.