When you meet with a lawyer to discuss spousal support, bring with you as much information regarding the specific circumstances of your case which may influence spousal support. This includes:
• any contractual agreement already signed which addresses the issue of spousal support
• income tax returns or any income information regarding you and your spouse
• a history of who assumed what role during which years of the marriage
• information about whether either spouse took time off work for paternity leave, or otherwise to raise the children
• information about the health of each party
• information about the education of each party
The more information you have, the better a family law lawyer may be able to provide with information regarding spousal support.